I took Silas to the grocery store today and as we were going through an aisle, an older man, maybe in his upper 60's (I know, some of you are reading this and saying "since when is upper 60's old??")kept talking to Silas so I finally stopped and allowed Silas to show off his smile. The man walked over to us and said, "Oh he's smiling at Grandpa!" He then began admiring his chubby legs and asked to look at his hands. Then he said, "Isn't God's work amazing? Those little finger nails and wrinkly little fingers." Then the gentleman offered to babysit any time we needed him to. :) I walked out of the store with a smile on my face thinking again about how amazing it is that a baby can bring two strangers together to cross paths that may have never crossed before. Which brought me to my next thought...look at how many people have stopped to admire Silas, talk to him, comment on him, etc. Silas brings more people together and attracts more people than I ever would by myself. But can you even begin to imagine the number of people that a baby in a manger impacted? Baby Jesus has brought more people together than my mind can even comprehend to worship, glorify, serve and honor Him. My mind is still trying to wrap itself around that thought.
Well, that's all for now! My little Silas doesn't allow me too much time as he demands more and more of my attention. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment