Silas had his first airplane ride (and first long car ride to Chicago too) on the way there. He was a wonderful traveler there and back - I honestly can't even believe how good he was. Jake and I were so nervous...you always hear horror stories about screaming babies, babies getting sick, etc. so we were pleasantly surprised. I had kind of anticipated him doing well, though because planes are full of people....and Silas loves people. Sure enough, he was entertained plenty by all of the people around us. He flirted with the flight attendants, played peek-a-boo with the people behind us, napped in my lap, played with toys. He was awesome!
Silas was so overjoyed when we finally got to Florida...look how thrilled he was! He couldn't contain himself! :)
We spent a few days at the beach - one day in particular we spent quite a few hours at the beach while Jake went golfing.
"Ewww!! It's getting in my toes!"
"What is this stuff??"
"Okay, I will only use ONE finger to touch this stuff..."
"Ma! Help!!"
"I guess this isn't so bad!" :)
Beach Baby
Silas loves his Papa!
These kept him entertained for a couple hours!
Silly boy
Mom and I got up at 6:30am one morning to go sea shelling. We got to the ocean just before sunrise without a bit of makeup and didn't even do our hair

The weather was PERFECT - 80 degrees every day with sunny skies. I got up a few mornings to run, Mom and Dad walked a few mornings, and every day we managed to spend some time soaking up the sun. Silas napped late morning for about an hour-two hours so I willingly stayed behind to lay by the pool while the others went to the farmer's market or out to breakfast. We found a favorite little breakfast place called Breakfast Plus and ate there almost every morning. They had the most delicious crepes and I indulged in the strawberry crepe often. :) They were so good!!
We drove down the Everglades one day for an airboat tour through the Everglades and went through the animal park to see alligators, tigers, panthers, turtles, deer, snakes, etc. We even stopped to hold a baby alligator. Check out the pictures below...even little Silas touched an alligator!!!
Here is Mom and Kell on the airboat tour.
I love this picture of Kellee and me! I think the joy we were experiencing is written all over our faces! We were so happy to be reunited for a whole week!!
Silas loved looking at the turtles!
He was a little unsure of the alligator at first....
He slowly became a little more curious....
And then he reached out and touched it!!
We all took turns holding the baby alligator
Jake even kissed an alligator...and this one didn't even have a band around it's mouth!
We drove up to Ft. Myers a day early (on St. Patrick's Day - notice everyone in their green!) since our flight left very early yesterday morning. We spent time shopping at a big outlet mall and hung out by the pool for a little while too. Silas finally got to swim in the water for a bit. He wasn't too sure at fist, but ended up really enjoying the pool.
St. Pat's Girls!
Everyone in green! Silas' shirt says, "Mom's Lucky Charm" :)
Daddy and Silas enjoying the pool (and some little girl who loved playing with them)
There was a great little eating area down by the bay where all the expensive yachts are. It was so beautiful down there and we spent a couple different evenings down there watching the sunset. Jake and I even got a date night on the island and spent part of the evening down by the bay.
Date night!
It was a really fun trip - we all came back with some color (everyone except Silas). Let me tell ya, spending a week in 80 degree weather sure makes 50 degrees feel chilly!! Silas is going to miss his Papa, Gramma and Auntie!! He and his Papa are best buddies and Silas really, REALLY loves his Papa!
Here are a few more of my favorite pictures from the trip:
Kellee and I enjoying the sunshine
This picture cracks me up. Kellee was desperate to get some sun because she was so pale so here she is, sitting out in a parking lot trying to get tan. :)
My cute parents!
My sweet family :)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one!
A beautiful Marco sunset




Looks like you all had a BLAST!
ReplyDelete