Sunday, May 8, 2011

13 months old

Silas just keeps getting better and better! Jake and I are frequently saying how smart he is and are impressed daily with what he figures out, learns, and does. He still isn't quite walking although he runs while holding our fingers, stands on his own, walks easily with all his walking toys (usually one-handed)...every time we let go to have him walk on his own though he sits down and crawls. Crawling just gets him there faster I guess. He has resorted to walking on his hands and feet when we're outside (and occasionally inside) on the concrete. It's so funny seeing his little butt raised in the air as he gets around the drive way and through the grass.

Jake and I took him to the zoo last week (yes, it is SO nice having Jake around more!). I had forgotten how small the Blank Park Zoo was - it took us just as long to drive across town as it did to go through the zoo but it was cheap and Silas had a good time. He got to pet the goats and loved watching the giraffe.





Silas really has a fascination with animals. When we're out and sees a dog, he yells "Da! Da! DAAA!" at the top of his lungs, attempting to get the dog's attention. Once he's up close and personal with the dog, he does get a little shy (which I am totally okay with) but loves to touch animals on the nose. Who knows why, but it's sure cute! He loves kissing animals too - he is constantly trying to kiss Jamis (and ride her), kiss animals in books, stuffed animals, etc. It's precious to see this side of him.


We've been loving the warmer weather and have been taking every opportunity to be outside. Silas figured out how to ride his 4-wheeler my himself yesterday and thinks he is hot stuff. He still can't steer so we stick close by, but he is definitely proud of himself!







Silas moved up the the "big boy" room last week at daycare....and I am LOVING it. I think he probably is too. They have big boy toys, a sensory table, they go outside, have schedule nap time for all the kids so he able to get a full nap in. They sent home Mother's Day gifts (a sweet poem with his hand prints) and a book about his first week there.

I leave with with this funny picture of Silas.....I'm telling ya, this kid has a sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment