We had a very fun fall going to the pumpkin patch through October...Silas still asks to go to the pumpkin patch and to go trick-or-treating. I'm so glad he enjoyed these fun fall activities as much as I did! The pumpkin patch is going to be a fun tradition and I'm sure will provide great memories for our family.
Christmas this year was so much fun. THIS year was what I'd been dreaming of for the past few years with Silas. He was totally into all things Christmas - Elf on the Shelf, Santa, presents, Jesus' birthday and the story of Christmas, snow, Christmas lights, Christmas trees...everything! 'Namma and Papa got Silas an awesome Viper car and he is so thrilled by it! I can't wait for it to warm up so he can drive it.
We finally got some snow (12.5") the week before Christmas and we have really enjoyed taking Silas sledding. He wasn't too sure about the big hill but after sledding three times now, he is finally loving it and even enjoys the jumps on the hill. It's exhausting hauling him back up the hill but totally worth it to hear his giggles and yells as we go down the hill each time.
| Making snow angels |
This age has proven to be the best yet but has come with some challenges as well. Silas is such a happy kid and talks up a storm. He told Jake last night, "when I grow up, I'm gonna touch the sky." For whatever reason, that completely melts my heart. He says the funniest things and has us in stitches every day. Mornings are a challenge for Jake when I'm at work and Silas has had more meltdowns, tantrums, and problems with not sharing, attitude, and talking back in the past 3 weeks. I guess we've been lucky to not really have too many issues with him and even now, those "issues" are occasional but we've had to be firm and discipline. I really love seeing the result of tough love when Silas tells me he is sorry on his own without prompting. I also love seeing what a caring kid he is towards other children. He was playing at the mall's play area and helped a little girl up the stairs by taking her hand and then putting his hand on her back to make sure she made it up. The girl's Dad had a look of surprise (Jake was far enough back that he was just observing it all) and then the Dad smiled.
We're looking forward to 2013, not knowing yet what it will hold for us. We don't have anything coming up that we know of for our family or our careers, but I think that's exciting. God works in His timing, even when we least expect it. So...here's to a great year ahead!




No comments:
Post a Comment