Sweet Briar is 3 months old as of yesterday!! This girl is a DREAM. She weighs 12 pounds, 8 ounces and is smiling, cooing, trying to blow bubbles and rolled from tummy to back today. She loves her Mama and loves to nurse...in fact, she refused a bottle for quite some time. Nama came to take care of her while I started back to work and finally got her to take a bottle.
Mama's first week back to work was full of tears (for me) but it felt okay to get in the swing of things. I sure did miss my girl, though. 20-30 minutes after work just isn't enough time with her and I find myself rocking her longer than I need to at night.
Briar has been sleeping 12 hours at night for quite some time now, maybe 3 weeks? which makes her the best baby in the world. 😉 She eats every three hours and we're just getting the hang of a regular nap schedule. Going to the gym seems to throw a wrench in nap times so I've been running on the treadmill in the basement a few times a week on my days off before anyone else is awake.
Another bit of change around here is that I'm leaving the Emergency Room. I'm so sad to be leaving but there isn't room for growth for me there, not that there will be at my new job in PACU, but it feels like it's time to move on based on some of the decisions of administration in the ER. I've cried many tears over this decision and had many co-workers and physicians reach out to me which means the world. These people have been my second family for 11 years. We have coded, trauma'd, rejoiced, and cried together and I can't imagine loving a group of people more than I do this team. I'm staying PRN and I'm hopeful that some day maybe there will be an opening for me to return back if circumstances are favorable.
That's all for now! Next up, CHRISTMAS!!
Monday, November 19, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment