I really thought this whole pregnancy thing was quite easy. And for the most part, it has been. I've been beyond blessed with very little morning sickness, great amounts of energy, still being able to workout, etc. Just within this past week however, I have started to feel uncomfortable. Not miserable, but uncomfortable. We're only a couple days away from the 34-week mark so I suppose I should count myself as lucky...I can't imagine feeling uncomfortable for months at a time. This back pain I've had off and on is more frequent now and I almost always have a sore back on the days that I work. Bending over is quite a task as is getting out of bed. Have I mentioned, though how wonderful and helpful my husband is?
I think the first trimester Jake didn't really "get it". He didn't understand my exhaustion and lack of energy. The second trimester when the belly began to show itself and he was able to feel the baby move, his sympathy started to kick in and he started helping out more and getting excited. Now that we're well into the third trimester and nearing the end, I am extremely impressed with how observant he is and how he really anticipates me needing his help...or muscles with every day tasks.
I can only imagine that the next few weeks will get even more uncomfortable. I read today that I will be putting on 2-4 pounds in blood volume in the next couple weeks as well as what the baby continues to gain in preparation for birth. Holy cow......pun fully intended! ;)
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment