Last Friday I got together with some of my amazing girlfriends from college. Let me first explain how our group works. It started with Robin, Keri, Tara, Marcie and me all going to Vegas our senior year of nursing school. This intimate little group decided it was be easy to get together for little "reunions" here and there instead of trying to get the whole darn 60+ nursing class together.
Last September for our get-together we added Kerianne {also from Mount Mercy} to the group 'cause lets face it - she really is one of the sweetest gals you'll ever meet and completely fits right in...and who wouldn't want to reunite with her? So we attempted meeting at my parents house and planned on swimming, but it turned out to be too cold and Robin and Keri couldn't make it. Here's a cute little picture of after I told the gals I was pregnant.

Fast forward to January 29th, 2010 - Tara is on a travel nursing assignment in Vegas {of all places!} so she couldn't make this little get together. Can you imagine how sweet our reunion will be this spring once everyone can get together?? These girls are so great.

No matter how much time passes, we are always able to pick up right where we left off which is the beauty of true friendship! Anyway, we went to Marcie's house and spent some time chatting and catching up before headed to Fiesta del Sol. Now for you those of you who went to Mount Mercy, you KNOW that Fiesta del Sol is a fav Mexican restaurant in Cedar Rapids that was frequented by us girls at least once/week if not two or three times/week. Seriously, this places is A-MAZING!
Marcie and I were able to spend a little time together before everyone got there comparing bellies, day dreaming in her nursery, discussing pregnancy highs and lows, and planning the next time we can get together which we sadly realized, probably won't be until after I've had my baby...which also was kind of a wake-up call!

I was 31 weeks, Marcie 26 weeks. Our time together was precious - being pregnant with one of your best friends is so much fun. She and Chris and Jake and I have all decided that we will either have an arranged marriage for our children or they will be best friends...ha! We've had fun talking about taking family vacations together too since our sweet babies will be so close in age. HOW FUN! I just love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment