Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day


"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle". -Vincent van Gogh

----------------------------------------------------------

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new". ~Rajneesh


-----------------------------------------------------------


Yesterday was my very first Mother's Day! It was such a great day - we went to church, ate at the Cheesecake Factory, took a little nap and then I was off to the gym for my first big workout since Silas had been born!! I ran 3 miles and lifted weights for about 30 minutes. Needless to say, I'm SO SORE today! But it felt amazing! Jake also picked up the house and Silas was in bed, asleep by 9:30 (he then woke up for a feeding at 10pm, but hey...it was success!). Whoo-hoo! We attempted to get a "nice" picture before church but it just didn't happen. So in an attempt to get a first Mother's Day picture with my boy, it had to be done after my run when he was happy and pleasant. So excuse the runner's hair, but I think the picture is perfect. It completely captures the perfection of the day - getting a run in and being with Silas (and Jake) -- so I love it. Jake and Silas (and the cats, of course!) got me a wonderful bouquet of tulips, a sweet card, and a beautiful necklace with Silas' name on it. Here is a picture of Silas and the cats with the flowers.
Silas decided this morning at 2am that he didn't need to be on his "good boy" behavior so as I was changing him, he began to poop. Of course I put a wipe up to his little tush to catch it...NOT smart - who blocks the poop from coming out? It then has no where to go except straight out both sides of the wipe. So there was poop on the wall, on the changing table, all over the changing pad, on Silas... we had to call Daddy in to help. :) What a way to end Mother's Day! Ha!

The rest of these pictures are some of my favorites from the past week, Silas at 5 weeks. He IS changing and growing so much. He's over 11 pounds now and smiling and making cooing noises. We're really starting to get a hang of this and it's made for such a happy baby. For the most part, Silas is pretty happy and pleasant which is such a blessing! It makes it so much more enjoyable for Jake and I when we can enjoy him and see him happy.








Happy boy!


Big Stretch



"Hey Ma!"




Talkin' with Daddy




"Peace" - look at the fingers!






No comments:

Post a Comment