It was so much fun to see Brennan and Mary's reaction and watch them love on him! I thought it was precious watching Mary with Silas. She was so good with him and even made an extra trip over to my parent's house Saturday to see him just because she had a 30 minute break from yard work! :) It seemed like she couldn't get enough of him and it melted my heart!! Jake's parents and my parents hosted an open house for our Iowa City friends to meet Silas too this past weekend and it was SO MUCH FUN! So many of our friends stopped by to meet Silas and wish us well. It's so great to see friends loving on your baby and confirming how cute he is. Of course we think he's wonderful but like I've said before...it's nice to have a third party confirm. :) My Mom took some great pictures too so be sure to check those out below. Thank you to everyone who came out to meet Silas! Your efforts to meet him and/or see him again are so appreciated. We think of so many of you as extended family and love seeing you!
I really must say, I am reeeeeally growing fond of this little boy. I was telling someone at the open house how hard the few couple weeks were for me. No one tells you that the first couple weeks aren't very fun. I remember looking at Jake and saying, "Okay, I'm done playing house. This isn't fun." It's rough. Really rough. A shock to your entire system - your body, your emotions, your relationships with everyone {especially your hubby}, your home life, your social life, your EVERYthing. Like I said, no one tells you that you may question what in the world you were thinking when you wanted a baby. BUT it does get better, like many people have told me. I take so much joy in watching this little boy grow, learn, discover, smile, "talk", sleep, eat, swing.... He is my little buddy. As long as we're sticking somewhat close to his schedule, he is great to take shopping, to lunch, etc.
So without making you wait longer, here are pictures of my little man at 4.5 weeks {because really, I'm sure you just look at this to see the pictures!} :)








No comments:
Post a Comment