Sunday, July 21, 2013

The end is drawing near...

Wow, I can't believe I will be 30 weeks tomorrow!! Time FLIES! And here I thought at the beginning this pregnancy was dragging on...maybe because I felt so awful. I figured it would go fast with summer being here since summer always seems to go too fast. We are loving these warm days outside and at the pool. The only way I've been able to stay cool is inside with a fan directly on me and the AC on, or at the pool with Silas on my days off. We all have amazing tans - Silas and I from being at the pool and Jake from paddle boarding.
My boys paddle boarding on the lake one evening


My sweet, selfless parents came this weekend to help us paint the baby's room. It didn't take nearly as long as Silas' room did, but I appreciate their help just as much. I'll post a picture when we get things on the wall - the walls are pretty bare right now except for a fresh coat of paint. It was even Mom's birthday today, which my preggo brain nearly forgot (you know I'm pregnant if I nearly forget someone's birthday because I remember almost EVERYone's birthday...even kids from Elementary!). We did a little shopping to celebrate and had lunch at Cheesecake Factory. It wasn't a nearly enough celebrating for someone as amazing as she is. Mom deserves all the bells and whistles for her birthday because she is one outstanding woman. I think anyone who knows her would agree.

Silas got in on the painting action


The most recent picture I have to post of my baby belly (have I posted even one yet??) is at 28 weeks:

 I am weighing in 3 pounds less at 28 weeks than I did with Silas and hope to continue in that direction. I'm still running and in fact this past week at 29 weeks, got in 5.5 miles. I run 10 minutes, walk 5, and rotate that until I've hit whatever goal I'm aiming for. I'm still lifting weights too and feeling great staying so active.

 We had a fun weekend in IC over the 4th of July. We spent all 4 days in the pool and Silas continued to impress us with his love for his floatie and being in the water.

The shirt says it all - Mr. Independent



My sweet family (27 weeks)



Anyway, I'll try to keep you updated more frequently (yes, I know, I say this all the time). Thank you, Gramma, for reminding me I was way overdue for an update! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment