"Two posts in one day?" you might be asking? Well, yes. Thought I should update you on Baby Soll...the sweet thing. We had our first ultrasound today - baby is measuring 6 cm. with a due date of March 31st, 2010. They say I'm 6 weeks & 5 days, but according to my calculations (because I have a major clue as to when this child was conceived), I'm more like 6 weeks & 2 days. The nurse said I'm measuring small (she said more like the 6 weeks & 2 days that I've calculated) but that it could be due to both of us having a small frame. Thank goodness...we don't need a 9-pounder here, folks.
Wish I had a scanner up and running so I could show you the ultrasound. We saw the sack and then a little dark bean-looking thing with a flicker that was the heart beat. I'll tell you what, that heart beat was music to my ears. Made both of us cry. The heart beat was 120 bpm.
We have another ultrasound scheduled in two weeks and then Dr. Young will turn me over to OB.
I asked him about working out - he said nothing new, but that I could continue to run and lift. Except he doesn't want me doing lunges, squats, etc. Basically anything that increases the abdominal wall pressure (abs too, I guess). I said, "Doc! I don't wanna get a huge butt!" Poor guy...he's probably so anxious to turn me over to OB so he doesn't have to hear me say those things. Ladies, I know you're with me on this... it's a real fear! At least let me work on rounding the rump while I still can! Puh-lease! We'll see what the OB doc says.... ;)
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment