Sunday, October 18, 2009

4am surprise!

Today I am 16 weeks and 4 days along in my pregnancy and this morning around 4am, I got a very pleasant surprise! I had gotten up to go to the bathroom and layed back down next to Jake with my stomach against his back and instantly felt the baby move! There were small movements (kicks, maybe?) four different times - it was the most amazing feeling and I knew, without a doubt, that it was the baby. Almost as if to say, "I know you're my daddy and I like being next to you" - it was so sweet! I don't think anything would've made it more perfect (except if it wasn't so darn early in the morning). So I layed there for the next hour hoping to feel it again, which I didn't. But I did feel it once during church again. People say it feels like gas. The times I've had gas, I've thought, "Oh, is that the baby?" but then a fart quickly makes me realize that no, that was just gas. But today...it was so clear to me that it was the baby. How AWESOME! I can't wait for Jake to be able to feel it!!

Here's an illustration for a baby at 16 weeks. For all you mamas out there waiting to feel the baby move, it will be the most precious thing you've ever felt and your heart will swell with love in a way that you didn't know was possible!!



And this is a picture I just LOVE and want to try and re-create with my baby:

No comments:

Post a Comment