
If one more person says one more thing to me about the H1N1 shot, I'm gonna bite their head off. I have never been so sick of talking about the flu, a vaccine, or anything related to it more than I am right now. My dear Mother, whom I love and cherish, called to talk again about me getting the shot and I nearly burst into tears and hung up on her. Mom, you just caught me at a bad time.
Let me just say it. I don't know what I'm going to do about getting the H1N1 shot. I KNOW I'm in the high risk category both with my job and with being pregnant, but I have not decided yet what I'm going to do. I talked with my OB about it today and had pretty much decided not to get it and then I get the call from Mom about women in their third trimester being admitted to ICU on Bipap machines for breathing difficulties, etc. So I called Jake, crying. Have I mentioned recently how much I love him? Oh gosh, what a rock he's been! He said "I'm behind you no matter what you decide and we'll love that baby no matter what" - exactly what I needed to hear. If I worked in a 4x4 cubicle all day then I'd be fine with my decision to not get it. But I work in the ER, I'm faced with sick people every day I work AND I'm pregnant - that's the only reason I'm considering this shot.
And then my sweet friend, Julie, calls to talk about the shot....watch out Jules, I'm shootin' on all 9 cylinders.....whatever that means. But she calmed me down and said "If you're dead set against getting it then don't, no one has to know what you decided." Oh Jules. She got me back to thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get it and if I get the flu, I stay home and nurse myself bad to health and move on. It's just the flu, right? It's so nice to hear your family and friends take your side, realize how stressed you are about a certain topic and just say, "We'll back you no matter what."
I'd like to give a little shout out to Jake and Julie...and you too, Mom, for standing behind whatever decision I make. I really do appreciate it. I digress.
I'll be adding pictures from the goodbye party later, so come back and view those!
Here's week 16! See the bump!??




No comments:
Post a Comment