Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Precious movements

Oh, the joys of feeling the baby move. These moments are precious, especially because there has been so few. Since the first day I felt him/her (I'm holding out hope 'til an ultrasound confirms the sex), I've only felt the baby move a few other times. Once was this past Sunday while I was babysitting a beautiful little 5 week-old. I must've been holding her just right to put enough pressure on my own abdomen that baby decided to react. And then last night when I got into bed, the baby was moving like crazy! It was so fun, I never wanted it to stop!

Let me explain how it feels right now. Feel your radial pulse right now. That light thump? Now imagine that light thump in line with your pelvic bone, about an inch to the right or left of your belly button line...on the inside of your tummy!! I think I've always felt the baby move on my right side, but hadn't paid much attention to exact location until last night.

It's a beautiful feeling and it always leaves me wanting more. I often push on one side of my tummy to see if baby will react and move (Jake hates it when I do that...seems to think I'm hurting the baby), but my child is smarter than that. He/she will not entertain on demand. Oh well. I'll take what I can get.

People have asked if I'm showing yet. Week 16 belly pic is on the last post so I'll let you be the judge. In all honesty, I'm still wearing my regular, pre-pregnancy jeans and shirts and scrubs. Although as of last week, I'm supposed to be gaining at least a pound a week (YIKES!!). I did buy some maternity jeans and slipped 'em on yesterday - GREATEST INVENTION EVER! Girls, ever have a fat day? You need a pair of maternity jeans for your PMS-I'm-so-bloated-fat days in the back of your closet! I love 'em! Back to the original topic, though... I still look a little post-holiday season/beer belly. You've seen those college girls who've drank too much beer their freshman year and now have a pooch? That's me. I have strangers staring at my stomach trying to figure out "is she pregnant or letting herself go?" A girl at the gym last week got off the treadmill and actually had the nerve to stare at my stomach. I was ready to have a talk with her. I feel like I need a T-shirt (at least for the gym) that says, "I'm pregnant, not just letting myself go" to limit the inquisitive minds of the people I see at Aspen on a day-to-day basis who really don't know what to think of me.

That's all for now. One day my baby and I will POP and it will be clear that I am with child. Until then, I'll just keep running (oh yes, I am RUNNING still!) and pretending I'm trying to work off my pooch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment