Thursday, November 5, 2009

IT'S A BOY!

Well friends, today was the big ultrasound. We had a wonderful ultrasound tech (shoot, I didn't catch her name!) who was so friendly and generous in giving us pictures. She asked us if we wanted to know what we were having so she started with that first thing. She moved that magical wand right down to the sweet spot and there he was.....my boy in all his glory....legs spread! In all 35-40 minutes of the ultrasound, that boy had his legs spread wide open the entire time.... no doubt a little Jakester. :) Ha! He did wonderful - he moved all around so we got to see his heart chambers, his kidneys, all five fingers on each hand, his feet, his profile...everything! The only time he didn't cooperate was when she was trying to get a 3D picture of his face - he loved having those little hands up there. We even got to see him laying his head on my placenta. The tech said she'd never seen such a show off baby, one that was so cooperative (that part he gets from me). :) She also said he was easy to see because I was so thin...ha! I could've hugged her right at that moment. What 5 month pregnant woman doesn't LOVE those compliments?

Anyway, we are overjoyed. This has come as quite a shock to many of my friends who all thought I was having a girl. My heart is content and happy. I still looked at sweet little girl clothes at Von Maur (yes, I headed there right after the ultrasound), but having a boy will be so fun. My Mom was in the middle of her flight when we called so we called my Dad first - he was so excited. I guess he had a feeling it was a boy, but was still happy with the news. Kellee screamed (typical teenage girl!). I called my family, Jake called his... everyone is thrilled. Thank you to everyone for your excitement!

Here are a few pictures from our exciting day!





Here I am getting ready to go in to our appointment....wearing my first maternity outfit! Bump is still fairly small, but definitely there. Whoever invented maternity jeans is GENIUS! They're so comfy!




And this is Jake - the excitement of having a boy written all over his face! If you look closely, you can see our baby's little butt with legs spread....and his manhood. :)





The two of us...so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment