Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pool time

Oh my, how I LOVE this child! He is so sweet, so snuggly, and so much fun. I love watching him learn and discover new things. Silas is such a joy to be around and brings so much happiness to our home.

People often say, "What did we ever do before we had kids?" In the 3 1/2 months we've had Silas, we have yet to say that. Our "before children" days are still in our minds and we often look back on those days fondly and remember when it was just the two of us. Staying up late, sleeping in, going out to dinner, running to the store real quick, jumping in the car to go where ever....ahhh, those were the days. Now I'm not saying we don't LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having Silas, but I think Jake and I both miss our freedom as a couple. I think the main reason we haven't had much freedom is because I'm nursing. I plan to nurse as long as I can but once I'm done, Jake and I are going on an overnight get-away just the two of us!

Enough about that, lets talk about Silas! I took Silas back to Iowa City last weekend for a last minute trip. Word travels quickly in my family and once my grandparents and aunt heard Silas was going to be in Iowa City, they quickly made plans to join in the fun!! I'm telling ya, no one can get enough of this baby boy! It was a relaxing weekend and I think everyone had a great time. Silas got some good pool time on Saturday - he was in the pool for about 40-50 minutes and seemed to enjoy it. He really liked the fountain and hanging out with his Grandpa David. A big thank you to Cheryl Gilmore for getting Silas his darling little swim trunks and pool shirt! He looked so cute! His hat was a little small, but it did the trick.



Look at that smile!





Silas has regressed in his sleeping patterns. He was going down at 8pm and then only waking up once in the night to eat and going back to bed. The past two weeks, he's been getting up every 3 hours at night which is absolutely killing me...especially when I have to work the next day. He's had a stuffy nose so I'm not sure if he's waking up because he can't breathe or what, but we're really praying something changes soon! This week has been really tough on me and I'm starting to feel physically sick from lack of sleep.

Anyway, little man is now awake from his (short) nap so I better get going. Jake has this weekend off so hopefully we'll get some good pictures to update you with! :)

1 comment:

  1. The pool looks like fun! Hopefully this is just a little phase with Silas's sleeping, and he'll be back to sleeping through the night soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete