Silas is now 3 months old...can you believe it?? Seriously, where does time go? Everyone asks you, "Isn't motherhood amazing? Isn't this the best thing in the world?" I never knew how to answer that and would usually say, "Yes, it is" but if I can be honest, I didn't REALLY appreciate "the bond" everyone talks about or feel like motherhood was the most amazing thing.......until I went back to work. Being back to work has made me miss Silas, something I hadn't been able to do. When you're with a baby 24/7 with the exception of an hour at the gym and 30 minutes in the shower, that leaves you little time to really miss your child. The old saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is so true. I MISS Silas when I'm at work and constantly find myself thinking about him and wondering how he's doing. The long hours at work, the intensity of job, and remembering again how fragile life is has made me appreciate my little miracle more and more. He is growing like a weed - his interests and and milestones are changing every day and he is a BIG BOY! He loves to carry on conversations and does so with anyone and everyone.
Silas had his first 4th of July!
Saturday we went to Nevada (by Ames) to Jake's Aunt & Uncle's house for a little get together. It was really fun seeing Silas interact with everyone, most of whom he hasn't seen since he was almost 2 weeks old. So far he hasn't met a stranger...Silas seems to enjoy anyone that will talk to him and give him a smile. And he looooooved Jake's Grandma, Bette! There must be something about his Great Grandmas that he loves, because Silas really loves to smile and talk with them. He cooed and tried so hard to carry on a long conversation with her. I'm sure she loved every minute of it!
I leave you with a few pictures of Silas from the past week:
Silas and I love to take long walks in the morning when the sun is shining!
A funny story about this outfit Silas is wearing (although you can't really see it very well). It is SO cute - blue and white striped with a little elephant on it. I just love it and we call it his "muscle shirt". Anyway, EVERY time Silas wears it, he has a blowout. As in, up to his hair line. So he was he was sportin' this little outfit one day and we had a friend come over. I had told her earlier that he always has a blowout in that outfit and said, "but so far, so good!". She finished giving him a bottle and was burping him when he started [loudly] filling his diaper. I suddenly remembered my previous statement and said, "Uh, Allison..." She picked him up and the back of his outfit was COMPLETELY POOP-SOAKED...and so was her shirt and shorts. I felt horrible. Yellow, seedy poop was everywhere. Oh gosh, how embarrassing!! She was so sweet and blew it off like it was nothing (she informed me later that it did wash out of her clothes). Sorry Allison...thanks for being so sweet! :)
I like to prop Silas up on his boppy for some tummy time, but he's started using his legs and pushing himself up and over the boppy.
Here's my big boy sitting up in his Bumbo! (I only put him on the counter for the picture...no worries, I will not leave him up there unattended!)
Here's Silas talking to his toys on his little gym




No comments:
Post a Comment