Today Silas hit a HUGE milestone! For about 3 weeks now Silas has been very interested in watching us go potty. We talk about poopie and pee, look at in the toilet and wave bye-bye, then he flushes the potty. He has himself sat on the potty about 2 or 3 times. For a couple months now, though Silas has been telling us when he's poopie.
Today while eating lunch I could tell he focusing pretty hard and then he said, "I poopie." I questioned what he'd said - was he poopie or did he need to go poopie (do you love my toddler talk?)? I said something along the lines of pooping in the in the potty but realized when I took him out of his highchair that he had already gone so I took him over to change him. He began crying and I noticed just a small product of (yep, you guessed it) poopie in the diaper. I asked him if he needed to go more and he said, "yeah" so we ran to potty and within about a minute in a half of sitting, poopie in the potty!!!! Silas was so excited to look at it, Mommy did a happy dance and we immediately called Daddy - Silas right away said, "Hi Daddy. I poopie." There was more dancing, more shouting "Silas went poopie in the potty" and lots of hugs.
There you have it, we've hit big boy status! He still doesn't seem to recognize (or maybe care for that matter) when he's wet so there's our next challenge.
Let me just say that recently I've been somewhat nervous about the potty training feat. Not so much of actually potty training...........but of toilets. Some of you know my disgust and fear of toilets - private and public. The automatic flushing toilets bring about some major anxiety (think bazillions of germs flying through the air, maybe even up your butt if you don't have your pants pulled up all the way). I nearly sprint out of a bathroom that has an automatic flush for fear of a germ enema. What I can't stand the thought of is those nasty, NASTY germs on my son - his hands, his butt, anywhere. Think I'm crazy? Read what this lady has to say and maybe you'll understand: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amber-dusick/potty-training-public-toilets_b_1123409.html
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment