Sunday, December 11, 2011

Indoor fun

Well wouldn't you know as soon as Silas' obsession with rocking before naps and bedtime started, it stopped. I'm sad to say that he's back to putting himself to sleep during those precious times before nap and bedtime. I relished that time snuggling so hopefully it will return again sometime.

We've had to get creative the other day when it was cold out and Silas was getting bored. This boy loves to jump on things so what better to do than grab all the pillows from the couch, cover 'em in Silas' beloved blankies and jumping on 'em? This kept us occupied for quite a while and gave Silas and Daddy a fun activity to do when Daddy got home. Check out the action shots:








We're getting excited for Christmas in the Soll house! The tree is up (the tallest, widest one we've had yet!), the stockings are hung, we're spent a couple evenings driving around looking at Christmas lights, we've read the Christmas story, presents are wrapped and in the basement away from little toddler hands....doesn't get much better than that!

Silas is now almost 20.5 months so I figured I should update his current "favs" list.

- Clementines (pronounced "men-a-mine")
- Elmo on his diapers...he seeks out the Elmo ones :)
- Tractors & "tractor mo-mo" (tractor movie)
- Barney movie....ugh, I know, I know. Hey, if helps Mommy get 30 minutes to get things done then we'll do what it takes.
- Songs on the radio. This boy has an opinion on which songs will listen to on the radio and will say "up" when he knows the song and wants it turned up. He'll say, "no, no" when he wants a different song. The other day when I was trying on clothes in our room, Silas asked to listen to "Low" by Flo Rida (I know, NOT a great toddler song) and then asked to take his shirt off while dancing!! Hilarious - he cracks me up!

Guess that's about all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment