Dear Family and Friends,
What a year 2009 has been and how quickly it has flown by!
Jake is still working at Aspen Athletic Club and I am still in the Emergency Room at Mercy. Not much changes in our jobs, but we are so thankful to both have an income in an economy where some people have nothing at all. I think we both get tired of the same old routine (although not much about my job is routine) and look forward to some time on the weekends where we can be together, with family and/or with friends.
The biggest news of 2009 for us is the announcement of Baby Soll coming in 2010!!! I know, I know...many of of you are saying, "FINALLY...it only took you 5 years!" Lets just say that Jake and I have learned the importance of waiting for God's timing in ALL things, despite our own attempts to do things in our timing. I was reminded of Psalm 37:7a - "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act." We started trying for a baby during the summer of 2008 and by this past summer when we still hadn't had any success, we were left feeling frustrated and wondering what to do next. Finally after some fertility testing, many, many prayers and lots of tears, we found out I was pregnant! And IT'S A BOY!! Baby Boy Soll is due March 31, 2010. For those of you who were aware of our struggle to get pregnant, thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement. I finally realized during the last month we were trying that maybe God had a bigger picture than what I did. Maybe He was timing our child's birth at the right moment so our child's future would be in God's perfect timing - meeting his future wife, meeting friends, influencing other's for the Lord.... how selfish and narrow-minded my thinking and desires were! I am so thankful to serve a God who is gracious and merciful with his blessings! Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." How true! We cannot even begin to fathom what He has in store for us or even our children.
Other than the exciting news of our expanding family, there really isn't too much to update which I guess is probably a good thing. We still have Jamis and Max (the cats) to keep us very entertained. We're wondering how they'll adjust to a baby in the house.
Thank you all for your beautiful Christmas cards and pictures! We've really enjoyed getting them and unfortunately I've slacked on my job this year getting ours out. I'll attach some pictures here of our year. And for those of you interested in following us and the updates about Baby Soll, feel free to follow our blog! www.solltree.blogspot.com
Much love,
Jake, Christy, Baby Soll, Jamis & Max
Pictures:
1) Jake and Christy in Miami, May 2009
2) Jake holding up the ultrasound picture showing Baby BOY Soll! Can you see his excitement? :)
3) Jake and Christy camping
4) Max (left) and Jamis (right) in the sink




No comments:
Post a Comment