Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello snow!

Well what a week of snow we've had! It started Monday, the 7th, and went through Wednesday, the 9th. Des Moines ended up with something like 15.7 inches of snow! Poor Jake was stranded at home Wednesday and had the (un)pleasant job of fighting the snow and snowblowing/shoveling 6 driveways, including ours with Scott, our neighbor {that's Scott waiving in the picture}. The two of them helped out other neighbors since no one was going any where. I decided to be a good wife Tuesday night and shovel the driveway so Jake could at least get in the garage. Although Jake was thankful for being able to get in the garage, he wasn't NOT happy that I had not listened to him and shoveled. What can I say? I'm stubborn and no one was there to stop me. It took me a good hour and gave me a good back ache, but it was a small price to pay...especially after he and Scott spent nearly 5 hours out there Wednesday in blizzard conditions. Here is a picture of our driveway:








And a picture of our backyard.



One of my managers had a son who offered to come pick me up Wednesday, so we braved the roads and made it to work about 2 hours late, but there none the less. The ER was fairly slow that day...thankfully people were smart and didn't go out. The people that were there either really needed to be and ended up in a critical care unit or didn't need to be there at all and just wanted a work note. Such a wide range of patients!


Anyway, all this snow made me excited for a white Christmas and I can't wait to have the family here! Even though our shopping is done, we decided we needed to get Jamis and Max some presents so we headed out after church today to get them a few things. They both LOVE boxes and sacks so we thought maybe a nice, cozy cat bed would be a good idea. I tell you what....you buy a cat a cat bed and all they want is to squeeze into the clementine box....both of 'em!



No comments:

Post a Comment