I seem to get wrapped up in daydreaming about the baby - what will it be like to hold him? What will labor be like {I try not to think about this too often}? What if daycare doesn't go so well? What will a typical day be like for us after he's born? How many diapers will he go through in one day? What will he smell like? Will I ever be able to kiss him enough? What kind of "trouble" will he get in when he's older? Will I ever let him drive? Who will his wife be? I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. This baby is CONSTANTLY on my mind and in my prayers - he consumes so much of my thoughts and I love it.
I also love that Jake seems to be getting just as excited. He got himself the coolest daddy diaper bag...and I mean, it is cool. It fits Jake to a T!
He's so excited about it. One of the doctors I work with bought us the exersaucer and johnny jump up that we registered for, which is a VERY generous gift. Anyway, Jake wanted to open everything up as soon as we got it and set it up, even though the baby won't be able to use it until he's around 4 months. It's just so fun to see Jake get excited, but I also think the reality that our lives are going to change very soon is started to sink in. I think Jamis knows something is up too. She seems a little more clingy, especially when I'm home she wants to be near me or on my lap. She's also realizing that my lap doesn't have as much room as it once did. I think Max will adjust just fine to a baby, but Jamis is very spoiled by us and gets lots of kisses and attention so I think she'll have a harder time adjusting.
Baby remains active. Yesterday he set is own personal record for most times have the hiccups in one day: 7 times! It's fun to have both sides of my belly moving now as he gets bigger and has less room. As of last Sunday his head was up by my belly button but now that I know what his head fees like, I'm realizing that he moves around frequently...I even had a couple kicks and jabs in my ribs this past week {which was a first} so I'm feeling better that he's moving all around in there and not settling into one position yet.
That's about all for now on our little family. Just about 9.5 weeks left and I can't hardly wait!! And after all I said about winter not bothering me, I am looking forward to a spring warm up - my winter coat doesn't hardly zip around my belly anymore! :)




I'm likin the man bag!!! Where did you get it at?
ReplyDelete