I had to work the weekend so Jake had Silas and they headed to Iowa City for a big family get-together my family was having at my parent's house. I was able to get off work Sunday four hours early so I headed to Iowa City to join in the fun. I tell ya what, there is no place like home...especially in the summer and fall at my parent's house. Jake and I both love being back in Iowa City and being at my parent's house feels like a relaxing mini vacation. I think it reminds me of college when I was on my own and couldn't wait to get home to family, familiarity, the pool, the trees, the quiet. Something about their house appeals to all my senses and having an extra set of hands...or two, three, or four to entertain Silas is nice too. :) Silas seems to enjoy being there as much as we do.
Saturday afternoon was spent hanging out with my parents, grandparents and cousins. I got to spend some quality time with Kellee too - doing hair, talking, listening to music...all the things sisters do.
Silas enjoyed some naked time out by the pool Saturday evening. Really, what boy doesn't love to be naked??
I took him out there for a change of scenery and it all started with dipping his toes in the pool. I didn't want his shorts getting wet, so we took those off. Then he wanted to splash in the fountain so to save the shirt from getting drenched, we took that off too. At that point, why not go all out and streak? Off came the diaper and the little man loved it! He went back and forth from the steps to the fountain, not a bit modest. He has these awesome dimples on his butt that I just can't get enough of!
Monday we headed to Coralville for the parade. Silas was completely entertained the entire time and even got his groove on to the floats that had music playing! I was thankful and impressed that the parade held his attention so long. He and his Papa watched a lot of the parade together. Silas absolutely loves his Papa and to hear him say "PaPA" will crack you up. He says it with an Italian accent and emphasizes the last "pa"...."PaPA"! It is so cute!! He and Papa are best buds.
A funny story - I asked my Mom Monday morning what she was going to wear. Wouldn't you know, I had brought the same shirt. We decided what the heck, let's wear them anyway. So we did. Here we are with Kellee, who walked in the parade with the City High dance team.
Here are few more cute pictures from the weekend. Hope you all had a great 4th of July!
What a ham!
Somebody loves watermelon!
With my love




He's getting so big! Adorable:)
ReplyDelete