Friday, July 8, 2011

Rock-a-bye baby

I really don't think there is anything in this world that beats rocking your baby to sleep. I haven't gotten to rock Silas to sleep for so long - he's too squirrly at nap and bedtime and remember what they say...."put baby to bed when they're sleepy so they learn to put themselves to sleep." Okay, that's good advice and I do love that Silas goes to bed easily on his own BUT I miss rocking my baby boy to sleep.

We got home from a wedding tonight and of course the second the car shuts off, Silas' eye pop open. So I scooped him up and took him upstairs to rock. His sweet little hands rubbed the material of my dress while the other hand felt the stones on my necklace. Not once did he move or make a peep. We both just rocked back and forth snuggled up, soaking up each other's scent. His scent is heavenly. I am so thankful for strong arms to hold him, for his wispy hair to run my fingers through, for the way his little body melts into mine, for the comfort he takes in knowing I am his Mommy. Oh boy, I am so in love! :)

Goodnight!

P.S. Silas had his 15-month check up today and here are his stats: 26 pounds, 2 ounces and 31 inches. That's the 75th and 50th percentile, respectively. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this post and couldn't agree more! It IS heavenly to rock them and feel them. I did the same tonight and loved every minute.

    ReplyDelete