Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer lovin'

Oh what a fun summer we've had!! Unfortunately, we've had head indexes 90-110 degrees for most of the summer (or rain) but it's finally starting to get a little bit better so we're getting outside to enjoy the weather!

Sunday we took Silas to the zoo again and he LOVED it! He absolutely loves animals so this was a perfect way to spend a warm, sunny afternoon. He fed the goats, we went on a train ride, he saw fish at the aquarium, we saw lions, tigers, monkeys, giraffe, camels, peacocks, ostriches...you name it, we saw it! (the pictures might not be the best quality since they were taken on my phone)


The three of us spent last week in Iowa City at my parent's house. Jake worked most of the time but Silas and I got lots of time in with Aunt Kellee and Gramma. It was SO GOOD to be home and spend quality time with Mom and Kell. It was a much-needed trip. :) Silas and Papa got to spend some time together too - Silas helped Papa clean Great-Grandpa Darner's car. Nothing says "all boy" like car washing and basketball!








There was plenty of time for relaxing too - I love my Dad's back rubs so Kellee and I formed a train for back rubs and guess who insisted on joining in on the fun? How cute is that??



"Cheese!" (Which, by the way, Silas now says when we take his picture...so cute!)



Look at little man crossing his arms - it is so funny to watch him do this!



Is he his Daddy's mini-me or what!?




Here are the 1st hair cut pictures I promised! Here is before: (see the mullet?)


And during (yes, he cried the whole time).


I thought you'd enjoy this picture as much as I do. Silas looks so big in this picture but I love it! He is SERIOUSLY cute.



The state fair is coming up so I'm really wanting to take Silas to see all the animals. I think he'll love it. Now if I could just get Jake psyched up to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment