Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ouch! That pinched my cervix!

Well, friends...a few things. I've decided that this blog may not always be centered on the trials of trying to get pregnant. Afterall, I have SOOOO many blessings in my life that I am/we are tremendously thankful for. To focus solely on one bump in the road wouldn't be fair.

Having said that, I went today for an HSG x-ray. Basically, the doctor shoots dye through my cervix (cramping/pinching feeling - ouch!) to make sure there are no blockages. Good news - no blockages! Jake also got a thumbs up on his end of the deal, so now we just wait out this month to see if we can get pregnant. Dr. Young said the next step would be fertility meds. I looked at him and said, "Uh...no twins, Doc. I can't do twins." He just smiled said there wouldn't be more that twins. Excuse me? More than twins? Oh dear Lord, pleeeeeease let me get pregnant this month!


My friends have been AMAZING. You expect your family to be supportive and they truly have been too. You'd hope your friends would also be supportive and mine certainly have been. Jenn, Katie, SWadle, Jules, Ellen Sue...all texted or called me today to see how my appointment went. Several e-mail or texted to say they prayed for me today. One verse comes to mind when I think about my wonderful friends, husband and family: 1 Corinthians 1:4a "I always thank God for you." I have more blessings in my life that come in the form of people than I can even say. Jake, Mom, Dad, Jenn, Katie, SWadle, Julie, Ellen Sue - THANK YOU for your love, support and kindness.

That's all for now. Now we'll wait and see if the good Lord blesses my womb with a sweet baby this month. For fun, I've added a few pictures from the 4th of July since I thought this blog needed something visual!

Here's Jake and I in our cute lawn chairs that we got as wedding gifts from the Yeagers!






With my BF, Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment