I took one, waited a short time and it said "PREGNANT" (see attached picture). I ran upstairs to where my sweet husband was vacuuming for me (see ladies, trained before the baby even makes an enterance) and shoved the test in his face. He looked at it, looked at me, looked at the test, looked at me. Not too much was said on his part other than "oh my gosh" which got repeated maybe 1000 times over the course of the next 2 hours.
I called Jenn and told her she was going to be an aunt. Her reaction? "Shut up." She couldn't believe it. I had just received a card from her today telling me she and Colin were praying for us. It was such a sweet card. She said "each day in 'waiting' will SURELY make each day in 'holding' (that bundle) even more precious than you could have imagined!" I love that. She also gave me Proverbs 13:12 to pray over - "Hope deferred makes the heart sick...but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life."
So then it was time to tell Katie. We drove (flew) over to their house, but no one was home - they were at his parent's house in Altoona. Crap. 30 minute drive. Jake convinced me that we HAD to go tell them tonight. We can't keep big news like this from our dear friends. We walked up the door and just as we got inside, Katie said "are you pregnant?" I once again shoved the test in her face to show proof and she screamed and hugged me. I immediately started crying - where did that come from??
So then on the way home (it's now 11pm, friends), we called Marcie and Chris because this joyous news cannot wait. Mind you, I still have not missed my period...this is an early test. Marcie screamed and clapped (classic Marcie for those of you that know and love her like I do). They were thriled.
My parents and Kell come this weekend and I'm torn if we should tell them or not. I can't imagine not telling them, but when? Is it too early? My Mom and Kell are going FREAK OUT. Dad will smile, say congrats and give us both big hugs.
Oh man. Where do I begin to describe my emotions? I'm terrified that this was a false positive and I'm going to repeat the preggo test a few times. I'm also extremely overjoyed. God, you hear our prayers, you know the cry of our hearts and YOU answer. I had just gone for a walk Tuesday night and had a long prayer, a long convo with the Big Man. I told Him that His timing was perfect, that I was sure of. I felt at peace and prayed for continued peace, knowing that He is in control. Thank you dear, sweet Jesus for this baby. I am already in love with him or her. I've already begun praying for his/her future spouse even before he/she was conceived. I want to raise my child to honor You, Lord above else and serve You with the gifts and talents you give him/her.




No comments:
Post a Comment