Anyway, I started back to work this week. Thankfully I only had to work two days this week, but my days were back-to-back so I only got to see Silas for about an hour each night. My Mama came to stay with Silas for those two days which made it 100 times easier for me to return. I was able to call and check up on him whenever and was confident that he was in good hands. Silas loves my Mom so much and thankfully she's gotten to be around him quite a bit so I knew they'd be comfortable with each other. The return was hard, the anticipation was worse. Thank you to all my family and friends for praying for me. And a big thank you to my work gals too who let me brag about Silas to EVERYone and who even comforted me when I cried at work....two times to be exact. :)
This week is REALLY what I'm dreading because Silas has to go to daycare for two long days. I've decided I can't think about it or talk about it or I start crying so I'm leaving it at that.
I really do have the most amazing and generous Mama in the world and I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for her and that the roll she plays in Silas' life. Dad and Kellee, thank you for sacrificing and letting Mom come to our house for two days. I know everything runs smoother with Mom around, so thanks for letting her be here with baby Silas. :) Mom, THANK YOU for coming and taking such good care of Silas for two whole days.
Here are some fun pictures my Mom took on a walk with Silas. See how much he loves her??
"Hey Mr. Elephant"
Jake and Silas hanging out on the deck
Silas and I before his first wedding...yes, my babe is stylin' in his Ralph Lauren Polo. Jake LOVES putting Silas in little polos. :)
Silas watching TV while I cook dinner




It is really hard going back to work after having a baby (I've done it twice now). It gets better and it is much better when you get into a routine. I struggled with daycare but then I realized at the end of the day I was even more excited to see them as they were more excited to see me then. It gets better. Silas is very sweet and you are doing the very best for him by working if that is what your situation has to be, at least thats how I looked at it. Congrats again.
ReplyDeleteThanks!! I really appreciate the encouragement! :)
ReplyDelete