Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy 1st Father's Day, Jake!

Happy 1st Father's Day, Jake!! What an AMAZING father Jake is to Silas! Watching Silas study Jake's every move and seeing Silas' eyes follow Jake's every movement completely melts my heart! Silas looks at Jake as if he wants to be just like him. It is PRECIOUS! Jake is such a natural - the goofy faces and funny voices just come naturally to Jake and Silas just eats it up. It seems like just within the last 2-3 weeks, Silas has really taken a liking to Jake. Jake has started spending more time with Silas, especially more one-on-one time with him and it's become pretty clear that Silas really enjoys his Daddy.

We were able to have the whole weekend together as a family! The three of us went to the farmer's market Saturday morning. Here are a couple pictures of us with Silas. He did so well, despite the heat.



11 weeks old

Silas has really discovered his hands within the last week and half. It's so cute to see him "go to town" on his fists. He can occasionally get his thumb out but keeps a pretty tight grip, not leaving much of his thumb to suck on.



Silas and I went to see Silas' great-grandparents in Ottumwa last weekend. My parents and sister were there too so we celebrated Father's Day with them then. Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad too! I can't imagine a more AMAZING Dad than my own! I've often thought of my Dad as my "rock" - the one who is solid in all areas of life, therefore giving me a solid foundation to learn and grown on. It is my Dad's love for Christ, his firm faith, and his knowledge that have made me who I am today (not to short-change my Mom who has also played a vital role in who I am). I am so much like my Dad - we think alike, we have the same temperament, we have similar interests. I am so thankful for this man. He has taught me so much about life, love, marriage, etc. and I can't imagine not having him in my life. Anyway, before we get too sappy.........Silas and my Dad got spend some time "talking" and laughing at each other last weekend - and even got some time to snuggle. They both seemed to enjoy it quite a bit!

I can't forget to mention my super father-in-law, Brennan! Happy Father's Day, Grandpa Baehler! :) I have grown quite fond of my father-in-law the more time I get to spend with him. He's such a great person to be around. Jake and Brennan are so much alike, which I think is pretty wonderful. Both are happy, go-lucky guys who always have a smile on their faces.

So I leave you with a couple pictures: one of Silas in his darling little plaid shorts (more like capris). :) I think he looks like a little stud in this outfit!





And here he is thinkin' he's hot stuff being able to hold his rattle. And a little video with a Father's Day message for his Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment