Friday, June 4, 2010

V Dubs & Chubbs

Silas got to meet his girlfriend and future bride (ha!) Memorial Day weekend. Our dear friends, Chris and Marcie, brought their PRECIOUS little girl, Vivian, to my parent's house to hang out for the day. It was so funny to see Silas and Vivian next to each other. She's so tiny and has such skinny little limbs, while Silas has big rolls of chub and there is nothing skinny about him! They were darling together. A friend of ours came over to take their pictures - we got some great pictures of them individually and together too.

You might be wondering where the nicknames are coming from. Vivian's last name starts with a "W". You know, "dub" is the sound of "W". Tough to explain, I know. So Jake came up with V (Vivian) Dubs (W) for Vivian. And we call Silas "Chubbs"....uh...well, does it really need explaining?? :) And V Dubs & Chubbs kinda rhymes so it's cute!

We had a fantastic weekend! Jake and I got a date night Friday night while my parent's babysat. We went out for sushi - we went downtown and sat outside to eat (those of you that know me, know I LOVE to sit outside to eat!!) and then listened to some live music that was downtown. We're pretty lame, though - there wasn't much to do downtown so we drove around for a bit and ended up picking up Kellee from a practice. We were home by 10pm. Oh well.

Saturday Jake went golfing at 6am and when he got home, he and I hung out in my parent's pool for a bit. It was SO WONDERFUL - so relaxing in the pool, just the two of us. Marcie and Chris came over in the afternoon and then another friend of ours, Aaron, came over too. Many thanks to my amazing parents to opening up their house to our friends!! We appreciate your hospitality so much!

Silas even got in the pool!! He got in with my Dad for about 10 minutes and seemed to be pretty relaxed in there. He loves his baths so we figured he'd really enjoy it. He didn't appear to hate it or love it, but just be relaxed. It was cute to watch his face as he floated around. He didn't really splash around, just kind of hung out. :) It was so cute!

The weekends always go too fast. As much as I love going to Iowa City in the summer, there is something to be said for being home too. I love being both places pretty equally, but feel like I don't get as much quality time with Jake when we're in Iowa City. He's always on the go - golfing, working on business, going here or there... I guess it's good. I'm content to just visit with my family or relax in the pool while Jake always has to be doing something. I wonder who Silas will take after..... I think I have a pretty good idea (he'd rather us be up and moving when holding him rather than sitting). :)

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

How many Daddies does it take to change a poopy diaper?


The new Dads and their babies! They are both so proud!!










"You're taking my picture NAKED?!?"






Mr. Pouty-face


Isn't this just precious?



Silas and Vivian sleeping. Love it!



Holding hands.




Marcie and I with our babies!!!



Me and my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment