Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Silas is 5 months old!!

Can you believe Silas is already 5 months old?? I sure can't! I'm so amazed at how quickly he's growing and how fast he changes - every single week he does something new and exciting! This age is SO MUCH FUN!!!

His personality is really starting to show and Jake and I are absolutely loving what we see. Silas is such a happy baby, which we are both so thankful for! His first month of life was so tough with him crying each night for 4 hours...it really makes you think, "Oh gosh, what did we get ourselves into?" But sure enough, it was just a phase and now Silas is super happy, super smiley, and super fun. He is a major flirt with everyone and really enjoys any and all attention (where in the world does he get that??). :)

I got home from work tonight and was playing with him. I put him down on his back on a blanket on the floor and he promptly rolled right over onto his stomach and lifted his head and chest up off the floor and gave me a huge grin like, "Look at me!" and then rolled right back over onto his back. What? When did my boy get so independent? I've never seen him roll over and back so I was pleasantly surprised and did lots of praising.

He also is starting to get a little tooth nubbin' on the bottom and one on the top. We've been thinking for a while that he was probably teething because EVERY thing goes straight to his mouth and he's a drooling machine.

I know I say this often, but Silas really has become my little buddy. I'm almost surprised at the depth of my love for this little person. Of course I am whole-heartedly IN LOVE with Jake and think he is the greatest husband and partner I could ever ask for. However, this love I have for Silas has really developed and taken on such a cool form. I have such a blast being with Silas - I carry him around on my hip, put him in the Baby Bjorn to go to the farmer's market, take him shopping, bum around the house with him...and all these things he seems to take great joy in. He is so easy going (not something he gets from me) and is just so happy - even the ladies at daycare comment frequently on what happy guy he is. I think that's one of the highest compliments a mother can get is that she has a wonderfully happy baby.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of the little man. Jake and I have a long weekend coming up (YAY!!!!) and we're headed to Iowa City to see both of our parents and celebrate my sister's 15th birthday (yikes...when did SHE grow up?). I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post after the weekend!

"Hmmmm...how am I gonna get that ball?"


We watching Jake's boss' kids twice a week...here's Silas hanging out with Tristan and Emma:



Hanging out outside:

No comments:

Post a Comment