Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blowouts

I'd like to apologize in advance for the subject of this blog, but I need to vent.

For about 2-2.5 weeks now we have been dealing with blowouts on a daily basis. D-A-I-L-Y. There have only been two days in the midst of the past couple weeks where Silas has had a formed, non-blowout poop. Every other day besides those two glorious days we've experienced blowout...sometimes twice a day. What the heck??

People have suggested bigger diapers. Silas wears size 3 diapers which are 16-28 pounds and he's maybe 20 pounds now. I think we're in the right size. Others have suggested cloth diapers. Maybe if I stayed home with Silas and/or had an in-home nanny or sitter I would consider cloth but shoot, the way his BMs have been lately, I just wanna get rid of the diaper!! I'm not interested in cloth at this point.

My poor husband (and I say poor because I know he'll read this...secretly I laugh when he tells me these stories) was with Silas all last weekend while I worked and experienced a blowout so bad (so he says) that it not only filled the diaper, but also the entire leg of his pajama onsie. Wow!! Monday morning I got up early to hit the gym - by the time I got home, Silas had already had one blowout and by the time I got out of the shower, not even an hour later, he'd had another one. And if you know me, you know I gag *LOUDLY* at stinky poop - whether you're my patient or my son. And to top of the week, Jake had just got Silas to daycare yesterday and was carrying him in when he realized he had poop running down his leg. You guessed it, another blowout. I washed the carseat insert and straps two days in a row. And so far today I've experienced two of Silas' blowouts.

Someone told us babies can have diarrhea when they're teething....exciting news here, Silas has a bottom tooth all the way in now!!! Anyway, I finally called the pediatrician and she wants to see him tomorrow to make sure he isn't loosing weight. As if we need to worry about that with my chunky monkey. :) I'm pretty sure he has some fat reserve.

Thanks for letting me vent and again, sorry for the topic. I am just seriously amazed that we're dealing with this on a daily, sometimes twice daily, basis. At some point you just have to laugh.....I haven't gotten to that point yet. So far I've just shrieked "Eewwww!!" as it covers my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment