Just kidding...but there really could be a TP shortage soon if I don't give birth stat! Honest to goodness, I got up 5 TIMES last night to pee. 5 TIMES! How's a girl (and her husband!) supposed to get any rest before the baby comes getting up that many times? And all that was in 7.5 hours - that doesn't include the three times I went before actually falling asleep or the one time after I woke up! I'm sorry...I know this is TMI, but I'm just baffled! Then this morning I got one of my daily updates on what's going on with me and/or baby and it said that frequent urination helps progess labor because it puts pressure on the uterus - so I guess, bring it on!
The little man has once again decided to flip the side at which he faces and kicks. He is now facing my right side again but seems to be kicking a little harder and with a little more aggression now.
I decided last night {during one of my many trips to the bathroom} that pregnant women who are 2 weeks away from their due date should not be expected to do anything but rest and go on an occasional walk. I vacuumed both levels of the house last night and mopped the wood floors too - moving some furniture, picking up a large rug, trying to manuver our big vacuum. My thought was maybe if I over did it, I would go into labor......? Not so much. I had such a backache by the time I went to bed that I was miserable. And rolling over in bed last night seemed to be harder than ever before. It took more effort, made my back hurt more, I grunted more and my stomach just felt hard and kind of upset each time. So that's when I decided I really should be on bedrest and just focus on being comfortable. :) But, then reality hits when I'm fully awake - I made breakfast for Jake and now I'm planning on at least an hour of cardio at the gym {and by cardio I mean elliptical or walking....no more running for this big girl until after he arrives}. I'll keep cleaning today too, make lunch and dinner {or supper, whatever you call it} for Jake and then head off for two 12-hour shifts Wednesday and Thursday. There's no rest for the weary....or the pregnant girl.
I really am full of sarcasm. There's no way I could spend all day in bed............wait, I take that back. Maybe I could spend one whole day in bed. But that's all. I need things to do to make the time go by faster so keeping busy is good for me. My Mom is coming Friday and spending the night. We're planning on getting pedicures and doing a little shopping. I'm looking forward to getting out and having something to do other than go to the gym and clean on my day off. Who knows, maybe the pedicure will spark something and we'll have a baby this weekend!?
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




hahhahaha, ahhh, i so vividly remember those days!!! in fact, the night my water broke i FINALLY fell asleep at 11, only to wake up an hour later having to pee...i STOMPED to the bathroom and stomped back and and while i was climbing into bed felt some strange leaking down my leg...i remember furiously thinking, "NOW I AM PEEING ON MYSELF" and stomping back to the bathroom only to be met by a giant gush of fluid...not to be mistaken with pee!!!!
ReplyDelete